I am running a wonderful 4 day workshop in January 2015 at Opendrawer
Book through the Opendrawer.
Mapping the Journey
Artists Book 4 Day Workshop, Books and Storage Box.
Spend 4 days creating beautiful individual concertina books with attractive additions: envelopes, small books and stitched pockets will be part of your final work.
This book can be a repository for memories of trips past or those just a dream, a companion for the journey.
Tutor – Barb Adams
Date: Monday 12th – Thursday 15th January 2015
Class Fee: $440 ($410 Early payment by 23rd December)
Materials Cost: $12
Venue: Opendrawer 1158 Toorak Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124
(03) 9889 7227
This wonderful four days will include:
- Learning how to make your concertina journal and prepare your hard cover with a window.
- An excursion to some wonderful Fitzroy paper shops to select papers to use for your book.
- Many ideas for including your personal memorabilia. Envelopes, small books and pockets.
- These may be filled with your memories or remain blank for a future journey.
- Making a box or slip case to house your book.
Other bindings and ideas will be taught during the week as required.
- You are encouraged to bring a collection of photos, maps and travel memorabilia or childhood or family pieces/photos, to tell a story in your book.
- Small amount of threads to stitch in little books.
- Maps, papers of different weights and textures for making small books which will be stitched into your concertina.
- Various papers for making envelopes – tracing paper (good quality).
- Ribbon or tie for closure.
- Notebook and pen to take notes and record ideas.
- Ruler, scissors, craft knife, glue stick, double sided tape, needle , threads for stitching little books into your concertina book, cutting mat, awl to make holes for stitching.
- Some of these items are available at Opendrawer.
Tutor will supply:
- Notes will be supplied.
- Board for cover and box, paints, dyes, old maps, specialised equipment, glue and papers.